For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act") the data controller is AVENTIS PHARMA LIMITED trading as Sanofi of 1 Onslow Street, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 4YS.
Personal data collected by Sanofi
When you visit this Sanofi website, Sanofi may collect the following personal data:
- Personal data you provide to Sanofi – You may give Sanofi personal data by filling in forms on Sanofi’s website or by corresponding with Sanofi by phone, email or otherwise. This includes, for example, information you provide when you register to use any of the features of Sanofi’s website, subscribe to any of Sanofi’s services, or report adverse events. This personal data includes for example your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
- Personal data Sanofi collects from you – When you visit this Sanofi website, Sanofi will automatically collect the following personal data:
- technical information, including Internet Protocol ("IP") address, your log-in information, browser type and version, plug-ins, time zone setting, and operating system,
- information about your visit, including the pages you access before, during and after your visit to Sanofi’s websites (including dates and time), your activities on Sanofi’s website, page response times, length of visit to certain pages, and page interaction information.
Cookies – what are they?
A "cookie" is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. A cookie will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are called persistent cookies and they enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What to do if you don’t want cookies to be set
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their computer or mobile device a bit intrusive, particularly when this information is stored and used by a third party without them knowing. Although this is generally quite harmless you may not, for example, want to see advertising that has been targeted to your interests. If you prefer, it is possible to block some or all cookies or even to delete cookies that have already been set; but you need to be aware that you might lose some functions of that website.
On this site, persistent cookies are used. Persistent cookies are used to track visitor behaviour as they move around a site, and this data is used to try and understand what people do and don't like about a site so it can be improved. This practice is known as Web Analytics. Since Google started providing its own analytics technology free of charge to website owners, almost all websites use some form of it - although there are also paid-for services available to rival Google's.
Analytics cookies are probably the most common form of persistent cookies in use today.
Cookies we use
These cookies help to improve the performance of the website, providing a better user experience.
|Cookie Name||Cookies Description|
|__utma||This cookie is part of the Google Analytics code - we use it monitor our traffic and highlight issues that may arise from people browsing our site.|
|__utmb||This cookie is part of the Google Analytics code - we use it monitor our traffic and highlight issues that may arise from people browsing our site.|
|__utmc||This cookie is part of the Google Analytics code - we use it monitor our traffic and highlight issues that may arise from people browsing our site.|
How Sanofi uses this information
- Information you give to Sanofi – Sanofi may use your personal data to:
- Forward your requests to the relevant team within Sanofi,
- Notify you about changes to Sanofi’s services,
- Provide access to Sanofi’s applications and services.
- Information Sanofi collects from you – Sanofi may use your personal data to:
- Customise, measure and improve the content and layout of Sanofi’s websites and applications,
- Administer Sanofi’s websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes,
- Help keep Sanofi’s websites safe and secure. This may include for example using an IP address in order to identify a user when Sanofi feels that it is necessary in order to protect Sanofi’s services, a Sanofi website, other users or to enforce compliance with the Sanofi websites’ terms and conditions of use.
How Sanofi shares your personal data
Sanofi will not sell or rent your personal data to any third parties. Sanofi may combine your personal data with information Sanofi collects from its partners and use it to improve and personalise Sanofi applications, systems or services.
Sanofi will not disclose your personal data to anyone, except with your express permission or in certain special circumstances. For example, these special circumstances may include the following:
Where Sanofi stores your personal data
While most of the personal data Sanofi collect and process about you will be directly visible to yourself, you have the right to access, amend or delete the personal data Sanofi holds about you except in cases where Sanofi is obliged to keep your personal data for legal purposes. If you wish to access, amend or delete your personal data, please submit your request to the contact details below.